It is best to learn how to get rid of a cold sore fast fastin children. Unlike what we all think, anyone can get infected with cold sores virus, which makes it important to learn how to get rid of a cold sore fast. Cold sores are also contagious as it can be spread on direct contact.
The herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection is the most common cause of cold sore. According to experts, HSV lies dormant in certain nerve cells of the human body. It is activated by factors like stress, anxiety, cough and colds, or too much sun exposure.
Although some think canker sores are similar with cold sores, they are actually very different. Canker sores are caused by bacteria and are characterized by small white circles inside the mouth which are enveloped by a sharp halo of red. Cold sores, on the other hand, are small blisters found on the lip or the mouth. The skin surrounding the blisters may appear red and sore. The blisters may break open and then leak a clear fluid. After a few days, the blisters will scab over.
Children may pass the infection by rubbing the blisters with their hand and / or touching their playmates. The spread among adults is more commonly caused by kissing. When aggravated, fever blisters on lips may form ulcers and spread on the gums or the roof of the mouth. This is why you should learn how to get rid of a cold sore fast.
How to Get Rid of a Cold Sore Fast
Generally, cold sores heal on their own. It takes about 3 to 4 weeks before a cold sore can fully heal. However, you may want to learn how to get rid of a cold sore fast in order to speed up your child’s recovery. But do not give aspirin to anyone younger than 20 because of its link to Reye syndrome.
Here are some tips on how to get rid of a cold sore fast:
- Medicines like ibuprofen and also speed up your way on how to get rid of a cold sore fast.
- Place a wet cool towel on the cold sores. Do this 3 times per day for 20 minutes.
- Avoid acidic foods such as tomatoes.
- Nonprescription ointments can help on how to get rid of a cold sore fast such as Abreva and Zilactin.
How to Get Rid of a Cold Sore Fast by Prevention
As they say, prevention is better than cure. Here are some tips to prevent your child from cold sores.
- Encourage frequent hand-washing.
- Do not let your children share their toys especially with those kids who suffered from cold sores recently.
- Don’t allow kids to kiss once they’re infected with cold sores or experience uncontrollable drooling.
- If your child has recently suffered from cold sore blisters, let them stay at home until the cold sores blisters scab over.
- Use gloves always when applying medicated ointment as a way on how to get rid of a cold sore fast.
If all of these things don’t work out, get a medical help on how to get rid of a cold sore fast for your child.